Thursday, November 5, 2009

I'm Off to the See the Wizard...

that title isn't really appropriate. I'm not off to see any wizard, but I am off. If I meet a wizard on the way, all the better.

This can't be long--I am currently chilling in Steve's room for my last night in Auckland. We had a HELLA awesome day. Walked all along the coast, starting in Takapuna and ending up in Devonport. We found a rope hung from a tree and swung from the rocks--and took awesome pictures. I also forged my way through the ocean to conquer some epic free standing rocks.

Anyway--tomorrow I am off to the Wilderland Intentional Community up in the Coromandel, and I am buzzing with excitement. I have loads of packing and tying of loose ends to do tonight, but Steve and I are also going to watch Arrested Development and Buffy, because get this--I'm leaving my Buffy at his place. I figure, I don't want to be glued to my laptop while I'm immersing myself in wilderness. Learning is about sacrifice, right? Maybe not, but I'm doing it anyway...

I've been taking a lot of risks (good risks, climbing trees, trying to ride unicycles, etc) and discussing things like fate, universal energy and God, etc.

In summary, I love my New Zealand life.

But, I may be rather incommunicado for the next few weeks/months. I'll have my phone and computer (for writing, I've got projects saved) but I doubt there will be wireless, SO if you message me and I seem to be flaking, I'm probably just climbing a tree somewhere or picking fruit or harvesting honey. But I will eventually get back to you.

I love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment